Saturday, December 1, 2012

let's celebrate : interview with ladylike delicacy


"people are different, it's a cliche but it's true."

Sara is one of my recent favorite bloggers. I just discovered her 
blog last month. I was totally stunned by her love for 
vintage fashion and I admire her talent in sewing.

"wear what you like and not what others expect you to."

click Read More for the complete interview :) 




About Sara and her blog "Ladylike Delicacy"

Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog.
I am Sara, 20-years old Finnish girl, studying clothing business 
at the moment, and I write mostly about my vintage inspired style,
 and the things I love for example Ireland, rockabilly gigs and sewing!

What / who inspired you to start your blog?
 I wanted to find a place where I'd share my thoughts. 
The first style blog I started to read was Liebemarlene Vintage,
 and it was my inspiration to start to write about 
my style and show my outfits.

What  motivates you to keep on blogging?
All my readers! And I keep my blog as a diary, so it is very nice to go 
"back in time" to read about some great gigs or evenings :)

Who take your outfit photos? 
I take my photos mostly myself, but sometimes my darling Joonas 
helps me when we are outside. I am too shy to take photos myself 
when I know someone may be watching.



About self and body love

How tall are you and how much do you weigh? 
I am 159cm and my weight is about 45kg.

Is there any trait / body part that you hate / don't like about yourself? 
 There's a few things I don't like about my body, but mostly I hate my hair.
 It's so thin. And I should also gain weight.

How did you learn to accept and love that trait / body part? 
Well, if my boyfriend loves me the way I am, then I should too.

What would be your advice for people who don't feel comfortable 
about their own body / skin?
 I just say that people are different. It's a cliché but it's true. 
If you don't feel good about your body, look for clothes 
that really suit your body type:)


About fashion and style

When did you become interested in fashion?
Recently. I started to study clothing business few months ago, 
and we must know all the latest trends or at least something about fashion. 
But I don't follow fashion blindly, I do want to keep my own style.

How would you describe your style? 
Inspired by the past, mostly 50's, but I actually love all the eras 
between Edwardian era to 60's. I would say my style is really
 feminine, I usually wear skirts and high heels.

Where do you get your fashion / style inspiration?
Old movies, other bloggers, and Fashiolista.com!

 Do you shop at thrift stores? If yes, What would be your
 number 1 tip for thrift store shoppers?
Yes, a lot! I would say, that if some item is "love at first sight", buy it. 
I regret too often if I didn't buy something I really liked.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? 
 My dear Vivien of Holloway red polka dot dress (with a petticoat). 
 I wore it for graduation, and I love it!

Is there any outfit that you wish you didn't wear? If yes please describe it
 Oh yes.. MANY. Few years back I wasn't interested in vintage, 
I loved Japanese street style but mostly playful decora. I wore many skirts 
in the same time, lots of colourful pins in my hair and I looked like I was some
kind of living, walking toystore. I am glad I don't wear decora anymore.

What is your number 1 fashion tip? 
This is a tough one, because I would just say that wear what _you_ like, 
not what the others expect you to. :D



Random Q's
If you could trade lives with another blogger for 1 day,
 who would you trade with?
Ooooh I have no idea, but I would definitely change wardrobes 
with few bloggers even just for one day! :D
 Solanah from Vixen Vintage -blog has a marvellous wardrobe, 
I love her vintage pieces!

If we could spend a day together, what would we do?
 I would take you to thrift shopping, and then go listen the 
best local rockabilly music group!:)

Message for your readers 
 I love you all! x

*****

Thank you so much to Sara of Ladylike Delicacy for participating in this
interview and for the wonderful and lovely photos. I hope I can go
 to Finland someday to meet this lovely lady and I want to find
some treasures with her and music gig sounds good even if
I don't know how to speak in Finnish. haha :)

Love, Maria


7 comments:

  1. Thank you, it was fun to do this!! :)
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is such a cute interview! and i love this idea for a blog post! i love how she described her style.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow she's beautiful..love her style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love the interview. sarah has nice pieces of vintage clothing. loving the edwardian era pieces.:)

    - http://seftiburcio.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific interview! Sara is, hands down, one of the loveliest and most stylish vintage gals I've encountered, too. Each visit to her blog is a treat and always leaves me feeling inspired and happy.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is just one of my all time faves! I adore her style- and love her humble and sweet spirit. I would love to one day meet Sara and go thrift shopping with her. You just know it would be so much fun. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. It means so much to me. Leave me some comment and your blog url, I'll visit you back. Love, Maria